HAZARD TO WEAR NUMBER 10

Eden-Hazard - Chelsea
Eden Hazard will wear the number 10 shirt for Chelsea in the 2014/15 season.
The Player of the Year will change from his existing number 17, which he has worn for the previous two years.
Hazard said: 'I am very pleased to be able to wear the number 10 for Chelsea.
'It is my favourite number and is one I am used to wearing for the national team, as well as the one worn by some of my heroes from when I was a kid, like Zinedine Zidane.

'I hope it brings me a lot of luck in the future and I look forward to the fans seeing me in it next season.'
The previous incumbent of the number 10 was Juan Mata, who departed for Manchester United in January after two-and-a-half years at Stamford Bridge. He replaced Yossi Benayoun in 2011, while the Israeli had taken the shirt following Joe Cole's departure the previous summer after eight years as our number 10.
Chelsea Football Club understands that many supporters will already have purchased the new 2014/15 home shirt with Hazard's name and the number 17 on the back. We will be offering anybody who has proof of purchase from an official club store a free exchange, subject to availability, from 6 June - 31 July 2014 inclusive.
All returned shirts will be donated to the Chelsea Foundation, the club's charity organisation which uses the power of sport to bring about positive changes in people's lives and their communities.

Comments