Willian is the latest player to look back on his time as a young footballer, spent in his homeland of Brazil…

Willian

What age did you join the Corinthians academy?
I was nine years old.
What positions did you play?
I was always an attacking midfielder, any part of the pitch.
Did you play with or against anybody that went on to be a great player?
David Luiz. Before I joined the Corinthians academy there was a famous player who played for Corinthians called Marcelinho Carioca and he had soccer schools around the city.
In those schools David Luiz used to play for one of the schools in a different part of the city and sometimes they used to unite the best players from each school and play a little tournament. I played against David Luiz then.

willian-david-luiz-PA-17973902

How did you get to training?

My Dad would normally take me but sometimes I used to go by train with my mum or my sister.
What was your favourite music during your academy years?
Pagode, a Brazilian type of music which is still my favourite now. I listened to a Brazilian band called Exaltasamba a lot.

Comments